Usage of Cloud9 Trader requires audio devices such as a microphone and speaker to send/receive calls. These devices can be configured via the Audio Devices window within the settings menu: Settings → Audio Devices
The top portion of the audio devices menu is used to configure the microphone and speakers that will be used for shout down and intercom connections.
- For the connection type, select the speaker icon for shout downs and the radio wave icon for intercom.
- From the first drop-down menu, select the microphone you wish to use. Microphones provided by Cloud9 directly will be labeled as Cloud9 Gooseneck Microphone.
- Click and drag the volume slider below to adjust the microphone gain. It is typically set between 75-90 pending the user’s voice and can be adjusted later if needed.
- Additional boost can be applied to the microphone by clicking the blue arrow next to Audio Boost. A setting of 3-6dB is recommended for most environments.
- From the second drop-down menu, select the speaker that will be used with the application. Press the play button to test the volume of the speaker selected and confirm the proper speaker has been selected.
Left Handset Configuration:
Located below the microphone section is the configuration of the left handset.
- For the connection type, select the bell icon for ringdowns and the telephone icon for Click to Call.
- From the next drop-down menu, select the handset microphone that is being used. If Cloud9 provided the handset, it will be labeled as Cloud9 Handset.
- Click and drag the slider to adjust the handset microphone gain and set it to 50. It can be adjusted later if needed.
- From the second drop-down menu, select the handset speaker. Set the volume of the handset to 100. Press the play button to test the speaker volume.
Right Handset Configuration:
If the user would like to use Cloud9's dual handset functionality or configure a third audio device such as a bluetooth headset for usage with the application, it is configured below the left handset section.
- Below the left handset configuration area, check the box for Enable Additional Device. This will enable the configuration of a third device labeled as right handset.
- For the connection type, select which call type (if any) you'd like this device to be used as a default for. This option can be left blank if you prefer to use the other devices as the defaults.
- From the first drop-down menu, select the microphone of the corresponding device. Use the volume slider to adjust the gain.
- From the second drop-down menu, select the speaker of the additional device being used.
Set Notification & Alert Device:
This setting determines which device will play all incoming ringtones and notifications from the application. Configuration of this device is located below the right handset configuration section.
- From the drop-down menu, select the speaker that will be used for incoming notifications and alerts.
- Press the play button to hear a test tone and confirm the proper device has been selected. Adjust the volume as needed.