As an administrator you can create, edit and delete connections to counterparties for your firm’s users in the Cloud9 Portal. To manage connections for your firm’s users, navigate to the Connections tab.
To add a new connection:
- Select the Add Connection button.
- Create either an internal connection, meaning you can only shoutdown to a group that you are a member of, or you can create and external connection meaning you can connect via shoutdown or ringdown to another group within your firm, or trading desk at another firm.
- Using the drop-down menu, select a group or trading desk within your firm under Create Connection From. You will then select a group or trading desk to connect to in the Create Connection To drop-down menu.
- Select either a Shoutdown or a Ringdown for Connection Type. A shoutdown is a push to talk connection, whereas a ringdown requires the user to answer.
- Label the button with the name that you want to display on your user’s screens under My Firm Button Label, and on your couterparties’ screens under Remote Firm Button Label.
- Select the Add Connection button. Your connection will now display in a list of available buttons on the connection screen, but will display with a light pink highlight over the text to signify that the connection is not yet in use by the user or counterparty.